Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Counting Down

Whether I intend to or not, I have found myself counting throughout the whole Peace Corps process. At the beginning it was a countdown full of excitement and anticipation - I was counting the days until I heard from placement. Then I had to count down 6 months until I left for Paraguay, 10 weeks until I swore-in as a volunteer, 10 months until I passed a year in country, and most recently, I passed the one-year as a volunteer mark. So what does that mean? It means that rather than counting up, I am now counting down. I have passed the biggest time hurdles the Peace Corps job comes with, and now am on the downward slope. It means that the countdown has changed from excitement to a ticking bomb, moving fast towards the inevitable… I officially have less than a year left here in Paraguay. But, rather than be depressing by talking about all I have left to do and see, I am going to share with you some great moments from the past few months. Moments that make this job worthwhile. Moments that makes the timeline of the Peace Corps not so daunting after all. 

Some of G38 at Ahendu

Sean Paul/Taio Cruz concert in Asuncion!

My pooch

I now take guitar classes...

Best friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment