Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Holiday Vacation!

Hello! Well, I am back in hot hot Paraguay after an amazing 2-week vacation! The trip was great, but not gonna lie, I am happy to be back! Here is a summary of the trip:

Montevideo, Uruguay: Absolutely beautiful coastal city. Was only there for a couple of nights, but it was long enough to realize what a cool place it is. Highlight of that part of the trip was when Karen, Alex and I rented bikes and cruised along the coast for the afternoon. The weather was perfect, the water refreshing, and we stopped for an amazing lunch of fresh seafood!

Punta Del Diablo, Uruguay: Small, hippie beach town on the southeastern shore of Uruguay. I rented a house there with 3 of my best friends for the week, and there were 2 other houses of Peace Corps Paraguay Volunteers as well. Days were spent relaxing along the beach, while nights were passed with friends at the beach bars. Usually a week on the beach is too much relaxing for me, but this time it was exactly what the doctor ordered. We also had a huge Christmas dinner with the volunteers there, and that was the highlight of the trip for me!

Buenos Aires, Argentina: Not going to lie, going from tranquilo beach culture to huge city was a little rough for me. Is it possible to be exhausted from vacation? Because I think I was a little. I loved the city, but hopefully I make it back before I leave the continent to explore it more. The city is full of adorable little neighborhoods and nooks and crannies that I still have to see! Highlights include hitting up Boca (photo below) and watching a Tango show during lunch, the Buenos Aires Pub Crawl at night, and of course daily stops at Starbucks.

Overall an awesome trip with friends! Now that I am back in Paraguay, I am spending the month of January doing summer camps. With 3 other friends, we are doing a week at each person’s site. It will be health related (talking about hand washing, teeth brushing, parasite avoiding, and exercise), but will also have lots of fun games for the kids to play!

Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. You are exactly right. After a vacation, I'm always happy to be back home. Since I just got back from a vacation, I might stay home for some months before booking at travelrepublic.co.uk for great deals.

    ReplyDelete