Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Tomorrow 2013 begins! Thus, it’s that time of year when we all join gyms and buy all natural food, hoping that this year is going to be the year you finally make those changes you have been saying you will for years now. And while I don’t have gyms to join, I still made up a couple of resolutions that I am hoping I continue for longer than just the month of January.

1) 52 books in 52 weeks. I am aiming for a book a week, although if I end up skipping a week and then reading 2 later on down the road, I am okay with that. If you have any recommendations for me, let me know! I don’t have a kindle and am thus limited to what is floating around the Peace Corps library, but suggestions are always welcome! And you can check out my Book List to see how the progress is going!

2) Learn to enjoy running. Okay, I know probably 5 of you literally laughed out loud reading this. This is ME we are talking about! But, what better time to actually give this goal a go than in the Peace Corps. I am going to wait to start until March or April once temps cool down a bit, but this is something I am really hoping I can achieve. I am not looking to run marathons or anything, just to be able to go for a 30-60 minute run without wanting to jump in front of a passing moto…

3) Meet more families in my community. Over the course of the past 8+ months in site, I have grown very comfortable. I have my friends and my families I visit, and that’s about it. And while I am happy, I know I should meet (or at least attempt) all the families in my community. I know most of the kids through the school and the library, but not the parents. So I am going to aim to visit 2 new families a month.

What are you all aiming to achieve this year?

If I remember to, I will try to post again around June to give you all an update. Although if I failing miserably at them, don’t expect to hear from me… Hope you all have a fabulous and safe NYE! I am ringing in the new year in Buenos Aires with some friends. Should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment