Monday, August 27, 2012

My new furry friend!

Exciting news, folks! I finally got my puppy!

Since before even coming to Paraguay, I was thinking about getting a dog during my service. Then in the beginning of June I went to visit a friend of mine who just got her puppy, and I knew that there was nothing more to debate. Once I got home, I only had to ask one family if there were any pregnant dogs hanging around, and BOOM! I found one! The only bummer was that the pup was just in its first month of pregnancy, so I had to wait a bit. It’s a little tough now that I have a fuller schedule and a needy pup, but thankfully all of the neighbors loooooove taking care of her when I’m busy.

So without further ado, I would like you all to meet my new best friend, Manza! Her name (pronounced mahn-zah) comes from the Spanish word manzanilla, meaning chamomile in English. Chamomile is a very common addition (and my favorite) to maté, the hot tea that is served here. I wanted her to be named something Paraguayan, while at the same time something that Americans can pronounce.

Here are some pictures so you all can fall in love with her like I have :)




P.S. Special shout out to Dana and Eric! Congrats on getting married! Wish I could have been there and love you both!

P.P.S. I wrote this a week ago, and since then Manza has gotten very sick and is currently in the vet. He thinks she will be okay, but please keep her in your thoughts!

1 comment: