Tuesday, March 27, 2012

MY SITE!!!!

Hello folks!!!

So my life is no longer a question mark, I finally know where I will be living for the next two years! My future site is in the lovely area of Paraguay called Misiones. It is southern Paraguay, and so I am very much looking forward to a new area of Paraguay I haven't seen yet.

Things I know so far include:
-I am a follow up volunteer (meaning a volunteer will be leaving my site as I arrive)
-I have a health post, elementary school, library, and high school
-I am 7K from the ruta, meaning a bike is definitely in my future
-I will be continuing a recycling project the last volunteer did, as well as doing dental health charlas, teaching english, and teaching computer classes
-There are about 100 houses, and 500 people. That is 1/2 the size of my high school class. yikes.

The process of finding out was awesome. Why? because it was exactly (well, sorta) like hogwarts!!! They picked our names out of a (sorting) hat and then put our faces on a map!

anywho. That is really all the information I have right now. On Thursday I head to my site for 6 days to get a feel for it, which I am very excited for!

Hope you are all well!!




p.s. sorry mom and dad that you dont get a personal email, this is just easier than typing it twice

No comments:

Post a Comment