Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thanks for the memories, Denver

Well, I am officially home sweet home in Chicago until I leave for Paraguay in February. I was in Denver for 5.5 months, the longest I have been away from home yet. While there were so many days I wished I was back in Chicago with the comforts of home and my friends, I wouldn't trade the last 5 months for anything.

Here are some of the high points (in no particular order):
-Living with Jill and Paul. Easily 2 of the greatest people ever. I am so glad I got to know them better and now consider them to be some of my best friends!
-Getting to know Ingrid, Jeff, and Kate better. I have the coolest cousins on this Earth. Guaranteed.
-Working for a major league baseball team. Has always been a dream of mine, and I can say I've done it! And who knows, maybe in a couple years I'll be back :)
-Going to see the John Butler Trio at Red Rocks!! Amazing concert venue!
-Learning to (sort of) like cats.
-Summer weekend in Breckenridge.
-Visits from Baker, Alli, and Becky! You guys are da bestest!
-Making new friends at the Rockies - some of whom I really hope to stay in touch with! They are some cool cats.
-The late nights of singing and wine drinking with Jill and Paul. Always spur of the moment, always amazing, always woke up exhausted but happy the next day.
-The Rockies Holiday Party! So fun! Minus the fact there were no Hanukkah cookies... ;)

I know I am missing a lot, but those are the things that really stick out. Overall it was a great time, and Denver officially holds a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment